Check out this great video for Statics Project
My pedagogy is focused on project-based learning which integrates the knowledge my students learn in the classroom with real-world applications. I think the amazing projects that students at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville perform in each semester are an effective way to meet ABET learning outcomes.
According to the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) Criteria students learning are as follows
1. Ability to apply mathematics, science and engineering principles
2. Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data
3. Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
4. Ability to communicate effectively
5. Knowledge of contemporary issues
6. Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Spring 2020 semester was challenging at an unprecedented time due to COVID-19. The students' creativity to apply the knowledge that they have learned in face-to-face and online classes in the absence of laboratory equipment were unique and impressive in a lot of different ways.